I HAVE CAT is officially an award winning blog! I woke up today nervous that my post for the week was not complete only to learn I was the recipient of the “Honest Scrap” award. Honest Scrap recognizes bloggers who “oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul”.
Thanks so much to Glogirly for bestowing I HAVE CAT with this honor (check out her blog, you’ll love it ) and for giving me something to write about today!
The stipulations of accepting the award are as follows:
- Highlight the award on your blog and link back to the person who bestowed the award to you (check!)
- Post 10 interesting things about yourself
- “Pay it forward” by presenting the award to 5-10 other blogs
I’m not sure how interesting these are but you probably don’t know them about me and might find them entertaining.
1 – Band Camp (kind of): I started playing the violin at the age of 4 years and received a music scholarship to college but haven’t played the violin since graduation (sad I know). Joshua Bell alone was good reason to pick up the violin.
2 – ESL: My first language was Armenian and I still speak at about a 3rd grade level. In High School I tried to take the TOEFL* instead of the SATs but that didn’t fly (can’t blame a girl for trying).
*TOEFL = Test of English as a Foreign Language
3 –My Dr McDreamy: My celebrity crush is Dr Gregory House the character played by Hugh Laurie). It must be that “I’ll save you” gene women seem to have.
4– Little Drummer Boy: For many years I only dated drummers and this was not necessarily a concerted effort. Sure in my teenage years I crushed on drummers (lead singers and guitarists were too obvious) but later in life I’d find myself on a date with a preppy guy only to find out he had a band or played the bongos.
5 – Eggs + Oil = Yum!: When younger (much younger) I used to eat mayonnaise straight from the jar by the spoonful. And no, Miracle Whip doesn’t count. Even today I love it on a sandwich or in tuna salad. But seeing that I’m considering going vegan, it might be time for this love affair to end.
It was recently “suggested” to me that my postings be shorter. So keeping that in mind I will refrain from posting all 10 “interesting” factoids about me and will leave this “to be continued”.
Passing the Torch:
Hopefully I’m not giving this to anyone who already has it, but getting the same award twice can’t be too bad right? In no particular order – –
- Single Gal in the City - I’ve only recently discovered Melissa’s blog but she’s a single girl in NYC and she tells it like it is!
- Little Cat Diaries - Tom Cox clearly doesn’t need my help because he has a book published in the UK titled “Under the Paw: Confessions of a Cat Man” (sadly not yet available state-side). I couldn’t help supporting a self-professed cat-loving man!
- Old Cat’s Rule – This site is both fun and serious and celebrates the joy of life with a senior cat – which surprisingly includes any cat over 6 years old according to the literature (I’ve always wanted to say that!).
- Lucky Fiona A company named after a very lucky dog called Fiona who was rescued from a kill shelter. Not only can you find stylish dog collars (I’ve seen a few on cats too) at this website, but Fiona’s owner has a great blog and she recently rescued a fourth lucky dog.
- Albert the Cat’s Blog – Albert is a mancat who lives in London with his “poncy brother” and “stupid sister” (and 2 house staff of course).
- Tabby’s Place - Tabby’s Place is a wonderful cat sanctuary in New Jersey that accepts even the most handicapped animals. Their blog tells the stories of various cat residents and really gives you a sense of what a labor of love this is for all the amazing folks that work there.
- Men and Cats – The title says it all